Wednesday, September 1, 2010

This is the letter I received from Abby in Uganda

As some of you know, God has opened a new chapter in my life and I am so excited. I will be going to Uganda to teach former street boys how to read and write and speak English. I also hope to help with a new ministry to prostituted girls. Here is the latest letter I recieved from the missionary already there on the field. My Thoughts will be in parenthesese:

Hey Gina,

So much has changed, we are really looking forward to you coming!

During devotions the other night we asked the boys, "Do you remember jajja Gina?" and they ALL cheered, when we told them you were coming back they were SOOOO excited and cheered louder. I just thought you would want to know! =-)

That would be great if you were to come in early December, I will be leaving December 26th and will get back the 1st of March or so as I am fundraising in America. Moreen of course will still be in Uganda working with as you as well as all of the other boys and staff and perhaps other volunteers, who knows. It would actually be wonderful if you were there for that time, especially for the boys, while I was gone but I didnt know if you were aware that I would be gone then or if that was okay with you. (Yep Abby, I knew you would be gone!)

The landlord doubled our rent last week out of the middle of nowhere and so we found a new place and moved the boys out of Kivulu. We are now staying in a beautiful new house in town in an area called Wakalega in a good area. We found a place that has guestrooms seperate from the house where Moreen, me, and the other female visitors will stay. We were hoping you would want to stay there with us? (Of course silly- I CAN'T WAIT) If not we can still find you an apartment but Moreen and Carla will be staying in the other house I beliee. We can still give you your own room. (YAY-I snore, no-one wants to sleep with me) Then hopefully not far off we will have our own place and land. Please let me know what works best for you!

That would be great if you brought laptops for teaching, the boys will be so excited! Even the aunties and uncles will be wanting to learn! IT really sounds like you are putting everything in place to come and help Gina, if you want we can also inexpensively find you a Luganda tutor while you are here. There are many people that would love to help teach you (or you can exchange for lessons on the computer, etc-) I would suggest you ask my dad helpful books to read before you come here that can help prepare you. I would suggest, "Cultures of Poverty" by Payne, "When Invisible Children Sing", and "African Friends and Money Matters" (already had and read one of the books and the others are on order)

I guess that is about it, if you have any other questions please let me know

God bless

Abby

No comments: