Monday, September 28, 2009

August 28, 2009

Today is Friday, August 28. Jeff and I both have had a hard week. His speech has gotten much worse and in the evening after I am home from work, he is tired and I can barely, if at all, understand him. He has gotten pretty frustrated with me. At night he is restless and coughs a lot from choking on saliva. I am simply exhausted both physically and emotionally. The hospice nurse came today. She said she hardly heard any breath sounds except in his upper right lobe. His blood pressure is WAY down and his heart rate is slower. If it wasn't for Pam and Marilyn coming over to visit I think I would be pretty depressed. I have been painting some chairs from outside to have something to do. It is very hot here, 112, and we all feel a little cooped up. Dan is in Chicago. He is staying with John and Ruth (Big Thank You). He can move into his room tomorrow. He called me while he was riding his long-board! Please pray for patience and gentleness for me and grace and healing for Jeff. We appreciate and love you all so much.
-Gina-

No comments: