Monday, September 28, 2009

June 10, 2009

Today is June 10. This has not been such a stable week. Jeff tells me he just feels weak and he is sleeping a lot more. He is really losing stability and balance quick. His appetite is still pretty good. The hardest thing was not really for him but for me. I called Hospice. We met our intake nurse and signed all of the paperwork. He got his emergency comfort pack with strong pain meds, anti nausea meds, etc. I was glad my friend Betty Anne came over right afterwards as I felt like I had been run over. Today our pastor, Bob Kerrey, came and shared some Scripture with us and we had communion together. We cancelled the appointment with the oncologist and are going to start using the Hospice doctor. The social worker is coming to see us this week and our regular nurse will be coming tomorrow. He met all of the criteria for Hospice acceptance except pain. And thank you Lord he is not in pain. I am getting together pictures of Jeff (and me too) to look at and reminisce. I am working on our scrapbook. If you have any pictures please send them to my gmail account. A special thank you to John for sending the photo on this update it was from a family re-union quite a few years ago! We are going to Flagstaff next week and toodle around. I am renting a car-the VW is just too hard to get the wheelchair in and out of. We will stay one night. Our 30th anniversary is Tuesday. Thank you all for your prayers and support. We love you all. GJ

No comments: