Monday, September 28, 2009

May 11, 2009

Dearest Family and Friends:I am ready to be home. Not really looking forward to the plane trip (who does?). But I am more than ready to see my family and enjoy our house. This has been an emotionally exhausting experience watching Jeff say good bye to family that in all honesty he won't see again this side of heaven. Too many tears, but mixed in was the hope of Heaven. Jeff's mom had no clue who I was and we are unsure if she recognized Jeff. Which may not be so bad since we had to tell our "story" several times to different family members in front of her. She used to be so emotional, it is probably a blessing that she doesn't understand this. Please pray for me as we get back to Phoenix Tuesday night and I go in at 6:00 Wednesday for surgery. I will not be able to push Jeff in the wheelchair for two weeks, maybe three. I also had the fun job of telling Jeff I didn't want him driving anymore, his response time is too slow. But he was very agreeable to the situation and told me I was actually a decent chauffeur. HA! Vangie and Daniel get home tomorrow as well, so our house will go from the two of us (and the animals) to six. How fun. I know Jeff will enjoy that. He always seems so tired now, I hope having the kids around will re-energize him. The next entry will be from sunny Arizona. Thanks again for all of your love and support.

No comments: